New York State for Veterans, Inc. mission is to provide assistance to veterans in New York State, or those seeking to relocate to the State, with employment assistance and job counseling, so that each veteran may gain meaningful and long-term employment in his or her community, remaining self-sufficient and independent.
New York State for Veterans, Inc will:
- Place Veterans with employers in public and private sectors
- Provide Veteran Owned Business a platform for Business Contract solicitation, selection and set a side participation
- Provide job placement assistance, labor market information, and related services to Veterans
- Offer vocational assessment and career guidance, on-site job-seeking skills and strategies
- Provide a state of the art Employment Outreach Center
- Maintain close links with Federal, State, County and private social service agencies, in support of Veterans and their familie